Rated 5 out of 5 Great Race Shoe
The shoes came and I was eager to get a run in with them (which maybe wasn't the best idea for January in Buffalo) - they are designed for a road race. The small holes in the bottom of the shoe would likely be great vents on a hot asphalt 5k but on wet slushy sidewalks I ended up with soggy feet. They fit snug (if you usually go between half sizes I would take the step up (i.e. I'm usually either a 10 or a 10&1/2, going 10&1/2 was definitely the right call)- they feel great on). I put down 4 for durability because I haven't worn them enough to know how well they will hold up, but, there were a few places around the tongue of the shoe where the fabric wasn't completely cut away and I had to carefully cut at it to remove it.
January 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5
Â by Nisse2000 Why any other shoe?
I don't understand why this shoe is not in every store. It's just the best shoes. I use it for all my running, except trail (forrest).
It has a great fit and is as close as you can get to the ground, but with still some protection from stones etc.
The only minus is the sole which has got holes (to reduce weight?). They will make you feet wet quickly. The remedy is to get a tube of silicone and cover them.
Note: This shoe is NOT for heal strikers..
December 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by richie1378 Ordered my 3rd pair today!
I love these shoes and they have been the most comfortable shoe thus far! After trying several other brands and styles of shoes, I've realized my feet have only been happy with these so I ordered my 3rd pair (red) this morning. I also have the green and blue ones but those have had enough miles put on them.
My only two complaints are the drain holes on the bottom tend to get pebbles stuck in them while you will definitely feel them while running. The last complaint is that you can't expect to get as many miles on a pair of these compared to a heavier shoe but it's worth it!
November 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5
Â by FranzZemen Easily the BEST racing shoe I've tried, and good for speed training as well
After multiple 5k's, 10k's, Half Marathons and Triathlons at all distances, this is my go-to race day shoe.
I also train with these occasionally, and use older pairs for weight training, walking and generally just comfort shoes.
The good stuff:
1. They are light yet durable for a racing flat.
2. They provide incredible stability for such as simple shoe - my foot tends to roll and sprain, but I have confidence with the way the soles of these shoes cover ground in the lateral plain. My trainers (another brand) have more coverage but less stability.
3. They have just the right amount of flexibility to allow a powerful fore and mid-foot strike, yet they don't feel like they're getting away from your motion like some super flexible shoes do.
4. The toe box allows for the toes the splay without having the foot swim.
5. Comfortable at all distances (for a flat).
6. Especially important for triathlons - they are comfortable bare footed. In fact, I prefer to run with either very thin socks or barefoot in these.
7. They dry quickly when soaked ( for example, at water stations).
8. They keep the foot quite cool. In fact, this can be a small problem in winter running below 30 degrees F.
The not so good stuff:
1. I replace the laces with quick ties. No time in triathlons for tieing a bow.
2. You will want to wear these all the time. In fact, my biggest issue with these shoes is that several fancy restaurants don't allow them as appropriate wear.
November 13, 2013