Last Updated: 21st July 2020
What Information We Collect
Wolverine collects personal data that you provide to us on our Site, which may include but is not limited to:
Except with respect to applications for employment or employees, of Wolverine and only to the extent required by law, we do not require you to provide sensitive personal information (such as information about your health, political or religious beliefs, criminal offences alleged or committed, or sexual orientation).
Please do not submit information that you do not want Wolverine to have.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
(a) From you
We receive and store any Personal Information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way, including but not limited to registering with us, purchasing something from us, receiving a service provided by us, or participating in a competition, prize draw or promotion sponsored by us or providing a product review.
(b) By using cookies
In addition, we may use "cookies" to collect data relating to your general internet usage and specific usage of the Site. A summary of cookies used on this Site, including detailed information, is available here.
Parts of the Site will not function if you do not have cookies enabled. You can set your browser to refuse certain or all cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you turn off cookies or refuse them, you will not be able to use every portion of the Site.
(c) By using pixel tags
A pixel tag, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of the Site but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for any of the performance of our contract with you for the provision of Wolverine services and products which may include the following purposes:
- 1. to process the registration of your on-line account and maintain your on-line account
- 2. to process and complete any orders you place with us
- 3. to provide and personalise our service
- 4. to monitor, develop and improve the Site and your experience of it
- 5. where consented to by you, to send you information by email/post/sms/telephone about existing and new Group products, offers or services that you have requested from us, or that we feel may interest you
- 6. to analyse and monitor consumer and customer activity and conduct other research
- 7. to process and deal with any enquiries or complaints you may have
- 8. to make available product reviews on the Site
- 9. to publish the results of competitions, prize draws or other promotions
- 10. to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- 12. to develop a knowledge base regarding our website users and customers
- 13. to notify you about changes to our service or provide you with information about the products or services purchased from us
- 14. to provide the information, services or support you request and related after-sales services
- 15. to identify you, and to contact you from time to time with product or service updates*
- 16. to send other messages that are useful to the service we provide
- 17. to manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration
- 18. to promote our services, or the services of our partners, including by email, social media platforms, and other advertising platforms
- 19. to compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties*
- 20. to protect the security of our IT systems and services against unauthorized or unlawful access and misuse*
- 22. to carry out research, including market research, statistical research on Site traffic, sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the services we provide to you and tailor the Site
In short, we process your personal data where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where this is necessary for:
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. Our legitimate interests are those indicated with a “*” above, and we consider that we have implemented sufficient checks and protections to ensure that your rights and interests are not unreasonably intruded on.
You may object to processing on any of these bases at any time and, if you do so, we will stop processing the personal data unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds which override your rights and interests, or we need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims – see Disclosure of Your Personal Information below.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Information about our customers and website visitors is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We will share Personal Information only as described below:
- 1. Amongst the Wolverine family of companies including subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as with their agents and employees, and across our brands.
- 2. To our business partners. For example, if you purchase goods through the Site, like any other retailer we will have to provide credit card information to our credit card processor and authenticator for payment purposes, and your name and address to the company that ships our merchandise. Similarly, to improve the products and services offered, we may share Personal Information with designers, manufacturers, distributors, licensees, marketing and advertising partners, and parties that provide support services for the Site. In all cases, we limit the information shared with partners and vendors to that which is necessary to carry out those functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
- 4. Where we are required to disclose Personal Information in response to law. enforcement activity or other governmental or regulatory request, or when otherwise required or permitted by law, in any countries where we have subsidiaries
- 5. To enforce our contract or property rights, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or when otherwise necessary to protect our property, security, people and other rights or interests.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing, strategic development, and other purposes. Please remember that when you share information publicly on the Site, for example a comment on a blog post or a product review, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google, which may mean that the information is made public.
You may have accessed our website through a hyperlink from the website of one of our trading partners. If so, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioural patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
Where Is Your Data and Where Is It Processed?
The Personal Information you provide through the Site is processed by Wolverine World Wide, Inc. in the United States of America and may be transferred to other members of the Group or other third parties as described in the previous paragraph. For example, if you make a purchase through our Site, your Personal Information will be transferred to members of the Group and our vendors in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom in order to fulfil your order and help you with any enquiries you may have about that order. Some of the companies or other third parties to whom your Personal Information will be disclosed, including members of Wolverine World Wide and our vendors or service providers, are located outside the European Economic Area, in countries which do not provide the same level of protection to personal information. This includes the United States of America. Whether the Personal Information you provide to us is processed by Wolverine or our vendors within the EEA or outside of it, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information will be afforded the level of protection required of us under applicable data protection legislation and this Policy. If you have asked us to share data with third party websites (such as social media sites), their servers may not be secure. Note also that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
Security and Retention Of Your Personal Information
We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted. However, it remains your responsibility:
- - to log off or exit from the Site when not using it
- - ensure no-one else uses the Site while your device is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your device through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection you are using)
- - to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network. You should use a password which is unique to your use of the Site – do not use the same password as you use for another website or email account;
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the processing purposes for which they were collected, processed and/or used and any other associated purpose (for example certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for claims in respect of the transaction has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data). So if information is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires. We restrict access to your Personal Information to those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose(s). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your Personal Information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymized (and the anonymized information may be retained) or securely destroyed.
Applying to work with us
Personal Information and Children
Without a parent's or guardian's consent, no Personal Information should be submitted to our website by children. Wolverine will not knowingly collect or use Personal Information from children.
Your Rights, How To Change Your Data & Marketing Communications
To the extent permitted by the laws of your country, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information including without limitation the right to access, correct, delete, restrict, be forgotten, or object to processing of, or request data portability of the personal data collected about you subject to some conditions and exceptions. You may make a request pursuant to these data subject rights by going visiting here and submitting your request.
If you have given permission, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, and/or email about products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. In addition, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you prefer to be removed from our mailing list, please let us know by: (a) updating your account details online, (b) sending us an e-mail to the email address DataProtectionOfficer@wwwinc.com with the word "remove" in the subject line, (c) following the unsubscribe instructions located at the end of any marketing e-mail you receive from us. Please be sure to include in any communication your full name, e-mail address, postal address, and any message. Please note that such requests may take up to five business (5) days to become effective.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator.
How To Contact Us
Data Protection Officer Address: Wolverine Europe Limited, King’s Place 90 York Way London N1 9AG