2024 Saucony Marathumb US Challenge – Official Rules
1.Description. The 2024 Saucony Marathumb US Challenge (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 am ET on January 22, 2024, and ends at 11:59 pm ET on March 3, 2024 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined in Section 11), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein2.Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.3.How to Enter. To enter, during the Contest Period, you must download the Saucony Marathumb Challenge app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play. If the participant steps more than they scroll for the entire week, they can redeem a reward from Saucony, while supplies last. LIMIT ONE (1) REWARD PER WEEK PER PERSON. Entries that are incomplete for any reason and those containing invalid e-mail addresses will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Any attempt to enter using multiple/different email addresses, social media account names, identities, registrations and logins, using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, and otherwise use your entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services. You further agree that Sponsor may use your name, likeness, and written entry all without further consent from or payment to you.
2. Intentionally Omitted.
3. Winner Selection. If an Entrant steps more than they scroll during the week, a code will beunlocked to redeem a reward. Entrants can use the code online to claim the award, whilesupplies last. Entrants can only receive one code per week per person.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prize winners will be notified through push notifications in the application and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be #151907v1
contacted within three (3) days after Sponsor’s first attempt, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential prize winners may be required to provide a taxpayer identification number or social security number for tax reporting purposes.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
4. Prizes. Prizes: There will be a unique prize each week. Prizes will range from a free hat to a20% discount code on select items. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize isbetween US$5.00 and US$50.00. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards,promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and may not besubstituted for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component)of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
Winners of prizes valued at an ARV of $600 or more collectively will be required to provide a taxpayer identification number or social security number for the purpose of issuing an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the fair market value of the prize for the year in which it was awarded.
5. General Conditions. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.Gift certificates are valid only at Sponsor’s website and are subject to expiration and other termsand conditions. Neither Sponsor nor Instagram, Strava or Facebook are responsible or liable for,and entrants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardianon his or her behalf) completely release and hold Sponsor, Instagram, Strava, and Facebookharmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost EntryForms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting fromparticipating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsorwhich may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damagesof any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or fromparticipation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with thisContest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. Iffor any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but notlimited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in its solediscretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BYAN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANYWEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAYBE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Release. By receipt of any prize, winner (or, if a minor in his/her place of residence, thewinner’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) agrees that Sponsor, Instagram,Strava, Facebook, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and theagents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoeverfor any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly orindirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’sparticipation in the Contest.
If an entrant is a California resident, such entrant hereby waives California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
7. Disputes. As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees that any and alldisputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of orconnected with the Contest, shall be resolved on an individual basis, without resort to any formof class action. This means neither you nor Sponsor may join or consolidate claims inarbitration or court by or against any other person or entity, or litigate in court or arbitrate anyclaims as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. Inaddition, either party may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as describedbelow, instead of in court. This arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal ArbitrationAct. Any arbitration will take place in Michigan within two hundred miles of Grand Rapids,Michigan by a single arbitrator, and will be conducted by the American Arbitration Associationor JAMS pursuant to the rules of the body conducting the arbitration. Further, in any suchdispute, under no circumstances shall Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and herebywaives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonableattorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated withentering the Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Winners List. Names of prize winners may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stampedenvelope by December 31, 2024 to Sponsor to the attention of “2024 Saucony Marathumb USChallenge.
9. Sponsor/Administrator. The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest is Saucony, adivision of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351(“Sponsor”). This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by orassociated with Instagram, Strava or Facebook.