Good Content from Team Saucony
- Women Running is the brainchild of prinkshop, Founder and Creative Director, Pamela Bell, and Saucony Marketing Director, Jessica Newton and Director of Apparel, Sarah Clark, in an effort to weave Saucony into the 2020 cultural conversation.
- 2. Women Running is the first footwear collaboration for prinkshop the wear-what-you-care-about social impact apparel and accessories brand.
- 10% of proceeds of this collection will be donated to She Should Run a nonpartisan, non-profit organization that supports female leadership in politics by encouraging women to run for office and providing them with the tools they need to get to the starting line.
- The Hero T-Shirt and Hero Tote are made from 100% organic cotton – a material choice that is easier on the environment than conventional cotton.
- The female symbol which is used as a repeat pattern on the Kinvara and Jazz and in the “o” of Hero, is actually called the Venus symbol and symbolizes love, ambition, passion, and balance. It represents bonds and people with opposite natures being able to come together.
- The collection’s color palette of red and blue symbolizes a non-partisan approach to supporting female candidates running for office. It’s not about party, it’s about participation.
- It took six rounds of creative concepting and revisions to reach product perfection.
- The Center for American Women and Politics has noted that there are a record number of women seeking seats in Congress this year. Women make up 29.2 percent of major-party U.S. House primary candidates in 2020. For racial and ethnic diversity, 2020 will also be a record. In the 22 states that have already held primaries, 30.6 percent of House candidates were Black, Latinx, Asian American or Native American.*
- The collection was shot by award-winning photographer and visual anthropologist, Laurel Golio.
- The women featured in the campaign photography, fitness editor and health activist Tamara Pridgett and artist and designer Cassandra Mayela, are advocates of political activism and equality.
Shop Related Products